Overview: Allows anyone with a microphone to hum, sing, whistle, or
play a melody and promptly view a list of songs, complete for the
history of the world, that use that melody.
- Supports audio input from multiple voices, any instrument, and most
music software, such as Apple’s GarageBand.
- Focuses as much on rhythm as pitch, creating acceptable results for
- “I’m feeling lucky” replaced with “It’s driving me nuts” button.
- Can be used to prove that every #1 song since 1964 was based on the
Beatles’ “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” except for Billy Ocean’s “Get
Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car,” which was lifted whole-cloth from
- Jinglists union concerned that Google will use search data to create
world’s catchiest tune.
Overview: First engine to incorporate both search and destroy functionality.
- Finds, targets, and bombs enemies. Essentially an integration of
Google Earth, Google Sets, and Google Ride Finder.
- Using the popular MAD (Mass Analytics and Division) plugin, can
identify hostile targets within a friendly population. Perfect for
separating extremists from moderates. (Works in Firefox and IE6+ only)
- “I’m feeling lucky” replaced with “Do you feel lucky, well, do you?” button.
- Downloadable sourcecode allows for easy GoogleWar mash-ups with
CraigsList apartment listings.
- Bug in beta disables back button.